Buying Information, Guarantee and Policies
Money Back Guarantee If for any reason you are unhappy with your order when you receive it, please return it to me in its original unworn condition with all packaging within 14 days of receipt and I will be happy to refund your money. Please obtain a proof of postage as I cannot be held responsible if packages are not received. I am sorry but I am unable to refund earrings or custom jewellery unless they are faulty.
Payment Options You may purchase securely using Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Paypal. You may also choose to pay by cheque or bank transfer. Items will be shipped once funds are cleared. Please email your choice of items to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to reserve them. Please send a cheque or bank transfer payable to Sally How. Cash paid in person is also welcome.
Shipping and Handling UK Each jewellery order over £50 will be packaged with love and carefully posted using Special Delivery, which is an insured postal service in the United Kingdom. Under £50 in the UK is not insured. Please use the contact form if you would like to purchase insurance.
Shipping and Handling Worldwide Each jewellery order for overseas orders will be packaged with love and carefully posted using a signed for service. Items will not be insured unless you have emailed to request this option (see below). Please note that customers will be responsible for any Taxes which may be payable in your country and any other charges on receipt of goods.
Please note that International Shipping is not insured. Please contact me if you would like insured postage. I will be happy to provide quotes for this if you would prefer this option.
Delivery My aim is to ship each order to you within 5 working days from the date you place your order. If there is any delay to this I will contact you and give you t option to cancel or accept the delay. In the event that an item you have ordered is out of stock, I will offer you an alternative or refund your purchase price.
Personalised/Custom Orders I take pride in my work and want you to be happy with your personalised orders, so will not rush them. Personalised rings and necklaces usually take 5 to 7 working days. Bespoke orders and those needing hallmarking may take up to 6 weeks. If you have a rush order please contact me, as it may be possible to arrange. Please note that personalised or custom orders will not be exchanged unless they are faulty. Hand stamped jewellery by its very nature is subject to variations in letter spacing and amount of impression made each time the stamp is struck with a hammer. The variation of spacing with hand stamped jewellery is one of its charming characteristics. Please do not order hand stamped jewellery unless you are happy with some variation in letter spacing or depth of imprint.
Please use the contact form to ask any questions before you place your order, or let me know if you need your jewellery sooner, this can often be arranged. A deposit of 50% will be payable at the time of order. The balance to be paid before the item is dispatched.
Rings Please check your finger size before you order. Please note that I will make the size you order. If you order the wrong size I will need to charge you a making charge. If I have made a mistake on sizing I will of course remake your ring free of charge.
Custom I am happy to quote for custom designs. I will be delighted to discuss any ideas you have provide you with an estimate once we have discussed these with you. I will draw out ideas so you can visualise the design before production begins. Please note that I do not copy other designers' work. A 50% charge is then payable before I start making a custom design for you. I will send you a photograph of the design and the balance should be paid on approval, then the item will be shipped to you.
Wedding Ring Workshop Casting When you place an order for a wedding ring to be cast you will be sent an estimate of cost. Please note that if you commit to the estimate you will need to send your payment for the actual cost price at the time of casting. This can fluctuate because metal prices are linked to the stock market. When you receive notification of the cost of your casting cost you need to pay it when it is received otherwise this may cause delays with your precious metal casting.
I will not pass any customer details to third parties except to fulfil delivery requirements.How Fine Designs (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our”), operates the website https://howfinedesigns.com We may change or add to this privacy notice, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically. How Fine Designs is the data controller that resides in Rossett Beck, Harrogate, UK
This privacy notice governs the website How Fine Designs informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data. Your privacy is very important to us.
DATA WE COLLECT
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
For clients who work with the company, we may also collect further, voluntary information to enable us to provide our service in an optimized manner. Some data collected from clients may include:
- Sensitive Information
- Goals and Aspirations
- Business Details
- Health Related Information
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide our Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and services to you.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you. We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of these at any time. Visit the Your Choices section below.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
We may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our products and services on our site and on other sites;
We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways
- With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyse and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Analytics: Specifically for analytics providers, we use Google Analytics Google Analytics which is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
Facebook: You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
To see more about Facebook’s participation in the Digital Advertising Alliance please visit the Choices section of this notice.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Payment Providers: We may provide paid products and/or services within the site. When we do, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy notice. The payment processors we work with adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
- Business Transfers.
Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.
How Fine Designs will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
How Fine Designs will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Choices and Individual Rights:
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
You have the following choices:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
Your rights under certain circumstances:
To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests. Please contact us at email@example.com
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Our policy on children’s information
Our site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do make changes, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 13th November 2022
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
When you use and access the Service, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
- To enable certain functions of the Service
- To provide analytics
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Service and we use different types of cookies to run the Service:
- Analytics cookies. We may use analytics cookies to track information on how the Service is used so that we can make improvements. We may also use analytics cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Service to see how our users react to them.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/
This policy may be changed at any time at How Fine Designs discretion. If we should update this policy, we will post the updates to this page on our Website.
This policy was last updated: 13/10/2022
How Fine Designs, Rossett Beck, Harrogate, UK